TILT Magazine Writer’s Guidelines
TILT Magazine Feature Article Submission Guidelines
Feature articles may be submitted to email@example.com
We welcome articles that meet the following editorial guidelines:
1. All articles should be within the broad category of the use of technology in the helping professions (please do consult with the Editors at the above address if unsure).
2. Main feature articles should be between 3000 and 3500 words.
3. Secondary articles should be between 1500 and 2000 words.
4. Articles should be original content created by the author and not purchased and re-branded or previously published online in blog format.
5. Articles must NOT be a press release, advertisement, sales letter, promotional copy, or blatant and excessive self-promotion or hype.
6. Articles MUST HAVE proper English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure.
7. All articles must be submitted in .doc or .txt format. Articles in any other formats will not be printed.
8. Articles MUST NOT contain pornography/adult material, hate or violence-oriented, suggest racial intolerance, advocate against any individual or group, have insulting, obscene, degrading tone, or contain excess profanity.
9. Articles MUST NOT contain any content that is a violation of any law, be considered defamatory, libelous, or infringes on the legal rights of others.
10. Authors must have legal rights to all articles submitted.
11. BE SURE THAT YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY PHOTOS YOU SUBMIT!OTI will not be liable for any copyright issues regarding unauthorized use of photographs. It is up to you to make sure that we have permission to reprint any other person’s photos. It is best to shoot your own photos and submit only these, or obtain permission from photographers so that any photos sent to us can be legally used on our site. Please indicate the name of the photographers so that we can put photo credits next to all images.
All photographs must be clearly labelled with photographer’s name, names of subjects (if possible or applicable), and descriptions of people and places and activities in the photo. In some cases, photographs of people must have subjects’ permission for publication. Proof of permission may be required.
All material must be submitted by deadline, the 10th of the month preceding the next quarterly issue with no exceptions, for consideration of inclusion in the next month’s issue.
You retain full rights to your articles and photos that were submitted by you and may re-use them as you see fit for your own purposes with the understanding that if you plan to submit your article to another publication, you will not submit to TILT and another publication simultaneously. Once your article has been published in TILT, please reference the original publication in any republished version (including blog posts and web pages) this way:
Title of Article first appeared in the Septermber 2010 issue of TILT Magazine ~ Therapeutic Innovations in Light of Technology.
If the reprint will be online please link TILT to http://onlinetherapyinstitute.com/about-tilt-magazine/
Previously published articles may be considered for publication in TILT provided the article is reworked and not submitted verbatim to the original published article, including blog posts and other social media publications. TILT Magazine reserves the right to edit, deny, or request a re-write of any article for content, format, grammar, or appropriateness for our readership, as determined by TILT’s editorial staff. Editorial content needs for each edition are identified prior to each deadline. Any articles not associated with that edition’s theme will be considered on an individual basis. All decisions are final.
Article content may be re-purposed by Online Therapy Institute at the discretion of TILT’s managing editors for re-print or publication in another OTI venue or on another OTI website for promotional purposes or for education and training purposes. Full credit will be given to article author(s).
12. References should be done in Harvard format.
Submit your articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
TILT Magazine Column articles and ideas
If you have information or an idea for one of our regular columns, please email email@example.com with the name of the column in the subject line (e.g. Reel Culture).
Regularly scheduled in each issue:
- The Cyberstreet- News from OTI/OCI
- Library Corner- Books and More
- New and Emerging Technologies
- Marketing Toolbox
- Research Review
- Reel Culture
- Student Spotlight