Many of you know that DeeAnna has been focusing on her role as a wellness coach and coach educator these past few years. But for a dozen years prior to that, she taught therapists about the use of technology. Her telemental health career began in Georgia and for several years she was the Ethics Chair for the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia.
In addition, for nearly a decade, DeeAnna facilitated Distance Credentialed Counselor (DCC) workshops in Georgia so even after she moved out of state, she was able to stay in the loop with her Georgia colleagues. Now that a new requirement to practice telemental health has come into play, it is fitting that she make available a course for Georgia’s mental health professionals.
This is an online, self-directed course that covers the highlights regarding the delivery of online therapy and online supervision.
State of Georgia Requirement
This course was designed primarily to meet the needs of counselors in the State of Georgia who are coming into compliance with the new telemental health continuing education requirements.
- If you want to practice telemental health you must complete 6 CE in telemental health.
- If you are a clinical supervisor you must have an additional 3 CE in online supervision.
- If you have 6 hours and you need 3 additional hours to be in compliance as a clinical supervisor working online, you must complete lessons 7,8,9.
- If you need 6 hours to practice telemental health you must complete lessons 1,2,3,4,5,6.
- If you need 3 hours or less to practice telemental health you may choose any 3 lessons from lessons 1 thru 6.
You must pay for the total number of CE hours you are applying for.
The course offers three opportunities for CE
3 CE 6CE 9CE
Once you have been registered onto the course you will have access to all 9 lessons. If you are seeking 3CE you will complete 3 lessons, 6CE you will complete 6 lessons, 9CE you will complete all 9 lessons. Each lesson consists of reading material and resources. You are asked to complete a question summarizing your experience of the lesson in 200-300 words.
This workshop will discuss the various methods of delivery and ethical considerations for the therapist and supervisor.
- Online Therapy: History and Research
- Online Therapy Delivery Methods
- The Online Disinhibition Effect
- The Ethics of Online Therapy
- Intake and Informed Consent
- Maintaining a Responsible Online Presence
- Uses of Technology in Supervision
- Suitablity of the Supervisor for Online Work
- Ethical Considerations in Online Supervision
Participants will understand the various methods of delivery via technology.
Participants will know how to prepare clients for online work.
Participants will understand their ethical and legal responsibilities related to online work.
CE Available for therapists through LPCA of Georgia. This course was specifically designed to meet the needs of Georgia counselors who are now required by the Georgia Composite Board to demonstrate proficiency and continuing education efforts in telemental health.